Wednesday 31 October 2007

Money Matters

Is this a Scam?

When reading the morning paper on my way to school, there is hardly a day when I don’t see an advertisement proclaiming “Make Fast-track Cash” OR “Make Easy Money from Home”. Usually it’s all these envelope stuffing businesses that they are advising the reader to join.

Now I might actually have considered joining (in fact I once replied to one) if not for the fact that you’re asked to pay a “joining fee”.

Basically, the joining fee means I am sent a membership card to identify myself with, I will then be sent all the necessary materials FREE of charge, such as; envelopes, stamps etc. All I supposedly have to do is just stuff them according to their instructions, their driver arrives to pick it up and that is when I am paid based on the amount of work I complete.

If it’s so easy and this is all we have to do why don’t these companies just DO IT themselves and keep the money, why recruit us? Also why ask us to pay a joining fee, why not let us register then send us work and then say that we must complete a certain amount before we are eligible to start earning money?

Maybe I’m just too cynical or just too scared to take the risk that I would have my money stolen, So far I have not heard or gotten proven information of someone/anyone who actually makes money this way.

To conclude, I’d just like to state that I’m not saying this is a scam (who knows someone out there whom I’ve never met could be make money this way) just that IT LOOKS LIKA A SCAM.

No comments: